Petroleum oil is a resource that all countries consume and because of this demand, people spend millions importing it or funding operations in order to gain more of this unrenewable commodity. Unfortunately, the continuous use of petroleum products has been helping contribute to environmental destruction and health problems. Henceforth, an organic alternative like Hemp bio-fuel is the best solution to these issues.
Definition of Hemp Fuel
Hemp biodiesel is an alternative fuel derived from the oil of pressed Cannabis plant seeds which are later processed into bio-fuel. Stalks of the same plant are also converted into biogases like ethanol and methanol which can also be used as a substitute for fossil fuel.
Some of The Many Advantages of Using Hemp as Fuel Source
* Hemp biodiesel is biodegradable therefore it will not contribute to environmental destruction.
* The Hemp plant is highly adaptable which means it can be grown in most any part of the world. Consequently, the production of cannabis fuel is highly sustainable because these plants can be easily and quickly reproduced.
* Alternative fuels directly address the matter of the dwindling petroleum supply. Developing other sources of fuel energy and integrating them into our lives will lower the cost for all oil derived products.
* Utilizing Hemp fuel will create more employment opportunities since the plants need to be cultivated, harvested and processed.
* Hemp bio-diesel vehicle emissions have a pleasant smell compared to fossil fuel oil.
* The Production of Cannabis or hemp renewable energy costs much less than collecting petroleum. Therefore, it can easily, cheaply and cleanly replace the necessity of drilling for crude oil while improving the air and soil quality.
Conversion To a Hemp Fuel is A No Brainer!
As it is an immediately consumable resource, since it can be used with already existing vehicles without any fancy modifications or alterations.
* The working condition for hemp oil production is considerably humane because its sources are organic and non-toxic. The raw materials are safe to handle or ingest and have positive health benefits.
* Hemp bio diesel processing is a “green” or environment-friendly method because the waste produced is decomposable and reusable.
The Leftover Bi-products of Hemp Processing Can Be Recycled Into Textiles.
Providing everything from bags, ropes, and clothing to paper and fiberboard. These durable plant fibers. And the leftover crushed seed also provides an excellent and nutritious feed source for livestock as well. Just these two recycled benefits can also lead to an additional income for the producers and advance the livelihood of whole communities.
Contrary to Popular Belief, Hemp Oil Products Are Not Marijuana
Although both come from the same species, hemp contains negligible amounts of THC (the chemical that makes the marihuana plant a potent drug). Therefore, handling it, eating it or inhaling the gasses or smoke from it will not intoxicate you in any way. Although, if you eat it, you may feel full.
* Culturing of the hemp plant itself is eco-friendly because it needs only a small amount or no pesticide at all. The Cannabis Sativa variety is a resistant bush, meaning it rarely has pests. It can be grown densely without pesticides or fertilizers, so soil pollution is diminished.
* Hemp plants nourish the soil they are planted in making the land reusable for other crops. It also reduces weed infestation as sunlight cannot penetrate their thick leaves. That benefits the farmer by decreasing the need to remove weeds continually, giving them time to rest or focus their time on other projects.
Hemp Seed Contains A Lot of Oil
The seed is composed of nearly 35% oil which makes about 207 gallons per hectare. This amount is greater than other alternative oil sources like vegetable oil. Using hempen oil will allow other edible seeds like peanuts, sunflower, sesame, and such to prevail as an unexhausted food source.
* The campaign for the use of alternative fuel sources like Hemp has spread awareness. People are switching to “greener” lifestyles and are more inclined to purchase naturally-sourced items.
* The use of hemp as another fuel source balances the playing field for renewable energy production. Allowing small to medium enterprises to compete for a bigger piece of the pie and not just the fuel pies, but the paper, textiles, plastic, and food pies as well.
Growing Hemp can Help us Utilize “Wastelands”
A lot of land and property is regularly abandoned and left impoverished because the owners were unsuccessful at converting it into farm land. The states can acquire these properties and farm hemp on them. The owners could plan for cash payments or even be given a percentage of the yield.
Planting More Hemp Contributes To Cleaner Air.
The cannabis plant grows very rapidly when compared to trees so a large population of these plants will double or even triple the oxygen yield. The Cannabis plant can be farmed even in forested areas beneath the trees because they don’t require a ton of sunlight. Hemp’s low maintenance and hearty characteristics make it ideal for cultivation in nearly every climate and easy to maintain.
* Cannabis seeds are profoundly nutritious as well, so as we are farming hemp for fuel, we are also creating a stable food source.
* Hemp plants enrich the soil as they grow by adding more nitrogen when compared to other vegetation, and its short life span before harvesting. The post-harvest remains enhance the earth even more, in turn, minimizing the need for synthetic fertilizers.
Hemp Fuel Can Be An Export
Sell the surplus to other countries as additional income for the nation. The demand for organic wholesale hemp products has been significantly increasing since the year 2000.
* Hemp biodiesel is a better fuel for vehicles as it doesn’t accumulate grime over time. In fact, studies have shown that it facilitates the cleaning of the internal parts. Hemp fuel does not need to heat up as much as diesel and gasoline, so it doesn’t promote as much wear to the engines or make them prone to overheating, not to mention that it is also a better lubricant when compared to petroleum products.
* Hemp oil can be blended with other types of oils as the viscosity is thinner than that of petroleum. The versatility of hemp oil allows us the possibility of creating a plethora of fuel variations in order to formulate the most efficient fuels.
* Growing hemp for fuel would not have any adverse effects on the agricultural sector, since, harvesting the fuel oil seed doesn’t wrestle with the need for more land. It literally encourages people to go back to farming as a reliable means of living.
* Hemp bio-fuel is safer to handle and store because of its higher threshold for explosion. Petroleum products can tolerate conditions under 125 degrees F compared to the hempen variety which can tolerate temperatures up 300 degrees F. Hemp fuels can be stored anywhere and in any type of fuel container since it doesn’t demand any special conditions.
The reason the use of hemp fuel is so controversial is that it threatens the existence of petroleum based products. Hemp is our replacement for fossil energy. Hemp threatens not only big oil but also, big cotton and big paper. Cannabis may be the most versatile plant on this planet.